Search by criteria

Exclusive villas to rent on the Ile de Re


Your safety and that of your family is our priority

We understand that COVID-19 can cause concern, which is why we are updating our policies to better meet your needs.. learn more ›

How your Ile de Re holiday rental income is taxed?

Before investing in a holiday rental property on the Ile de Re, it is a very good idea to factor income taxation into your Return On Investment calculation. In France, there is a lot to say on the subject!!
We haven’t addressed corporate taxation in this summary, ie when the rental activity is carried out via a company such as an SARL.
 This article only aims to give you a general overview of the tax law as it stands at the time of writing.

Income tax

Please find below a summary of the differences between tax residents and tax non-residents in France
+ Read more

Property tax

This tax is due by the owner of a building on January 1st each year...
+ Read more

Council tax

It is due by the person who has free use of a habitable property...
+ Read more

Social contributions

Net rental income is subject to social contributions...
+ Read more

Tourist tax on the Ile de Re

The tourist tax or « taxe de séjour » in French is due each year to the village of the Ile de Re in which your property is located to help finance the infra structures required for all the tourists...
+ Read more

Wealth tax

As a non professional renter, the value of your rental property should be included in your taxable base for wealth tax purposes...
+ Read more

Other formalities

A new formality was introduced a few years ago for holiday renters...
+ Read more

The Para-Hotelier Regulations

We will see that another way does, in fact, exist.  There are specific regulations for rental property owners who are able to provide at least 3 of the following 4 services...
+ Read more