Your holiday property on the Ile de Ré hasn't been rented for a few months, often from November to March, and as sunnier days are coming, it needs a deep checking in order for your season to begin in the best conditions.
Indeed, this "preparation work" is essential because it allow the season to begin well, avoiding any last-minute emergencies and breakdowns that can often turn out to be very expensive.
A small guide for prepping the inside of your property
Remember to check:
- the bedding : mattresses, pillows (square shaped), under-sheets (several for each bed), and duvets.
- the quality and quantity of the crockery, dishes and cutlery, the state of the cupboards (inside and out), and the drawers.
- the cleansiness of the filters of the hood, the dishwasher, the washing-machine and the dryer.
- the cleansiness of the door slots
- the cleansiness of the showers (plugs and joints) and the baths
- the state of the hoover (with spare vacuum bags)
- that the TV and DVD player work, and that the batteries of the remotecontroles work
- that the Internet works
- the presence of a cot and a high-chair
- the presence of a hair-dryer
And finally, don't forget to give the windows a deep clean, remember to leave some spare batteries in the house, some spare light bulbs and a few cleaning products.
A small guide for prepping the outside of your property
Remember to check :
- the tidiness of the garden (lawn freshly mowed)
- the neatness of the terrasse (clean and dry)
- the good state of the garden furniture (BBQ, parasols)
- the cleansiness of the two bins (yellow and green)
THE SWIMMING POOLS MUST BE PRE-HEATED TO BE AT THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE (27°C) ON THE DATE WE WILL HAVE AGREED ON IN ADVANCE (around end of April). Don't forget to make sure the security system of the pool works properly (alarm and cover) and to send your rental planning to your pool technician.